Autofill inserts wrong email address

Discussion in 'macOS' started by IanWilson, Oct 23, 2015.

1. IanWilson macrumors newbie

Like many people, I suppose, I have more than one email address. In particular I have two in the format

abc@MyOwnDomainName

and

abc@ISPsDomainName

(In reality, it's different a different set of initials, not abc, but the same ones for both addresses.)

On some sites, where I have always signed in as abc@MyOwnDomainName, as soon as I start typing abc, autocomplete offers me abc@ISPsDomainName. At one site, the prompt that comes up *says* abc@MyOwnDomainName, but what autocomplete actually inserts is abc@ISPsDomainName. It's only once get as far as typing the bit after the @ that autocomplete gets it right. But on other sites, it offers the right address straight away.

I think I understand that autocomplete uses data from my own card in Contacts, which of course includes more than one email address. abc@MyOwnDomainName is the first one listed there, if that makes a difference.

So my question is, how can I get autocomplete to come up with the right address every time?

(I'm on Yosemite, and Safari 9.0.1.)

Ian

2. IanWilson thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

have you set your email address's to work/personal etc, on your contact card?

4. IanWilson thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got two that are labelled Home (and it's those two that are the problem) plus a Work one and two others labelled Other.

Ian

5. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Out of your 2 'home' one'd do you have one you'd prefer to use all the time?

if so change your MAIN email address to home, your work email's as 'Work' and I'd suggest the other 'home' one as other. It should then start to auto-fill your MAIN email address as the one you want.

For example I have 2 home address one for example is test.test@blah the other is testtest@blah, so when using autofill I have to type 'testt' so it autofills the correct one, other it will automatically assume I mean test.test@blah

6. IanWilson thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Todenymyflesh macrumors newbie

Todenymyflesh

I run into this same problem but it automatically sets my fb address instead of my home address, any suggestions?

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I had this issue where my main email is my iCloud and my Apple ID is my gmail. Auto fill tries to fill my gmail by default. The fix? Rearrange my contact card info and designate my iCloud email above my gmail one. Issue has been resolved for the most part.