Autoimporter won't revert to default

Discussion in 'macOS' started by one1, May 17, 2010.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I had previously set my autoimporter option to delete after import on my iPhone 3GS. I've reconnected an changed it to not delete, yet it still does. I changed it to do nothing and it does nothing, but when I go back to autoimport, with or without the delete after import box checked, it still does it!

I went looking for a specific cache, but didn't find anything useful. Any ideas?

2. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

For future reference......

Delete "com.apple.AutoImporter.plist"

Seems obvious, but not when it's in TWO spots. I was only finding one.

4. hwmd macrumors newbie

Multiple places to reset "delete after import"

If you're having trouble with photos still being automatically deleted after import, you might need to check in several places:
    1) Autoimporter (sounds like you've already unchecked the option)
    2) Image capture (there is another delete-after-import option here, under the drop-down where you select the application to use)
    3) iTunes (see the Photos tab under your iPhone device; there are options to sets the iPhoto libraries to sync, etc., and may inadvertently wipe all other photos off of your iPhone after any type of syncing).

I'm experimenting with this right now also, and trying to get a good solution for my wife and I to both be able to sync our iPhones periodically and have the photos automatically imported, and then the iPhone keep only the most recent photos on hand as well as a "Greatest Hits" album from iPhoto, so that we don't bog down the memory of the iPhone with too many photos & videos.

It would be nice to be able to flag photos / assign ratings from the iPhone itself, so that when it arrived in iPhoto it would already have a rating. Maybe with the iPhone 4G / iPhone HD is announced this June it'll have better integration with iLife/iPhoto.