autologin for websites?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smssoleimani, Sep 22, 2011.

1. smssoleimani macrumors newbie

Is there such program, script, or automator configuration that will do something of this nature:

log you in to websites you specify using the credentials you specify every day, week, month, etc. without you having to do much.

reason:

i belong to some websites that will deactivate you if inactive for a certain period of time. so my hopes are to acquire a program that will allow me to enter in the website, and my credentials and a frequency preference and it will just do it for me.

any thoughts?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It seems like the "Always remember password" feature of every modern browser paired with sparing 30 seconds every 6 months (or whatever time period) to login to thsoe sites with account expiration periods would solve this problem for you quite handily.

3. smssoleimani thread starter macrumors newbie

can safari 5.1? and how lol.

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

5. smssoleimani thread starter macrumors newbie

simply put:

im looking for a application or script or java, whatever it may be to allow user to input a website(s) with credentials and how often you want the application to log you in to such websites.

----------

this is 1password in a nutshell, no?

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I highly recommend Lastpass as well. I started using it 2 months ago and it's been great so far.

7. blatopilot macrumors regular

Lastpass is amazing for being free. You can use it on multiple machines and its easy to edit manually. I tried 1password and I still use Lastpass. I also use the web extension for Chrome and its super helpful.