Automated Movie Playing Software? (With timing)

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by brianbsantacruz, Feb 11, 2009.

1. brianbsantacruz macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am part of a campus closed circuit tv station at UCSD that would like to set up our media to play at specific times without someone being there. Right now, we use iTunes, which allows us to loop a playlist over and over again, but not to really choose when things play (ie: "At 1:00PM play "Cup of Culture.mov", etc). Does anyone know of software that would allow us to do this? Preferably, this software would be for Mac and play .mov files, but if it is for PC or uses some other type of movie file (just maybe not odd ones), that could be okay too.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

-Brian,
    A Station Manager of RCTV.

2. stevey500 macrumors 6502

You could probably set up a workflow in Automator located in your Applications folder.

Scroll through the actions... there should be something there to allow you to set up a script to do what you want, play certain videos at what times, etc.

There are thousands of workflows on apple's download page too.

You may need quicktime pro to make some functions work correctly.

3. brianbsantacruz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've fiddled with Automator...didn't really get anywhere though. I may just not know enough about it. We're really interested in software that we can download or buy that is all ready to go. Any other suggestions? I will look through the Apple Automator downloads as well...