Automatic 1.1.3 Jailbreak w/out a comp.!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Nickr1313, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Nickr1313 macrumors regular

Nickr1313

I found this guide on ipodtouchfans.com, so im taking no credit for it, BTW, i dont know if this works or not because i havent tried it yet, so do it at your own risk......

1. First you have to have a jailbroken ipod touch in version 1.1.2 ONLY
    1.1.1 has too many bugs and will not work. if you dont know how to jailbreak 1.1.2 search the forum and you will find out how.

2. You will need to have BSD subsystem installed on your ipod. you can find it on installer under System.

3. Add this source to your Ipod: http://madpike05.googlepages.com/repo.xml

4. After it refreshes sources go to Install and scroll down to Jailbreak 1.1.3.

5. In Jailbreak 1.1.3 there will be 2 packages in there Install the 1.1.3 Jailbreak.
    It will take a while to download problaly between 15-30min. so make sure before you do this to set your ipods settings to Never-Lock. It might look like it is stuck at times when installing but just leave it alone.

6. When it is done installing go to the Jailbreak 1.1.3 folder again and install the other package, 1.1.3 soft update.
    This will also take a while to install. A few things may happen it will look like its stuck halfway through installing just leave it alone, then you may get the spinning circle, or if it says "script error" or some other error message, just click ok and leave it alone. It will evenutally restart after between 10-20min. then it might look like it is frozen because it stays on the apple logo but it isnt, it will eventually restart.

7. There you go you now have a Jailbroken 1.1.3 ipod touch!!

OPTIONAL:

if you want the iphone applications for free using the same source then follow these instructions! this included the wiggle feature and web clips and you dont get any of the iphone settings:

1. Install BSD subsystems (when you do the 1.1.3 jailbreak it reomved it) it is found under the System category in Installer.

2. (this is assuming that you have added my source) Go to the category called The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps.

3. Once there install the package The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps. then exit installer.

4. after you slide to unlock you will have all the iphone apps and the wiggle and webclips function!

NOTE: If you want to use the Mail application, before you set up your account go to the category The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps. and in there is a package called 1.1.3 Fix Mail. Install that then set up your mail account.

There you go get all of this without a computer all thanks to:
    Ipodtouchmaster05
    Ipodtouchhacker

2. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Ooh, it's moving along quickly. Nate True, Dev Team, iJailbreak and now this! :)

3. atsushioka13 macrumors newbie

thank you. Just wondering, if I screw this up and have to restore, does it restore to factory conditions flawlessly like all the other hacks?

4. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

"The iPhone 1.1.3 Apps" package does not seem to want to download. "Error: Package Download Failed"

5. atsushioka13 macrumors newbie

Is that under another category in installer?

6. Nickr1313 thread starter macrumors regular

Nickr1313

Like I said,I haven't done it but you can prolly use another one of the methods to get the apps:D

7. delude macrumors 6502

This jailbreak uses Nate Trues method, which has loads of errors etc. I was told it is best to use another, so downgraded back to 1.1.1 and am in the middle of another. (The DEV version)

8. Xenn0X macrumors regular

do not use this due u end up with iphone firmware.

9. Clinton9031 macrumors member

you obviously dont end up with the iPhone firmware if the iphone apps (mail, Maps, Notes etc) dont show up in the first place...no you have to install them afterwards

10. Xenn0X macrumors regular

did you try this way?
    i did and got even sms and phone icon.
    and itunes thought also it was a iphone.
    restored it and did it another way.

11. Clinton9031 macrumors member

sorry...but yeah i didnt think i got the iphone apps...but i was playing around with it one night and it turns out the iphone (phone, and sms) icons are just hidden...but iTunes didnt reconize mine as an iphone but as an ipod...weird:confused: