Automatic Audio Ads

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bugz, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Bugz macrumors newbie

Sorry, but I did not know where to put this. Anyway, recently on many sites I visit suddenly an advertisement will come on audio only and there is no way I can find to turn them off. Sometimes they play over a news video, for instance, that is already running.It is very annoying. This is not, I assume, limited to Macs but that is what I have and would like to know if there is any remedy for these horrid intrusions. Possibly some ad-block programs that I have seen on MacUpdate? Should I go back to an earlier version of my OS where this sort of thing might not occur?

Pissed Off and Frustrated

2. drkrueger macrumors newbie

Violent agreement. Kill automatic audio ads

You hear something playing from somewhere, totally out of context, making no sense whatsoever. Beyond annoying. Leaves a negative impression for those companies. Bizarre they think this tactic could possible work.

Please share any method to prevent the sound on these ads other than shutting off the system sound.

3. iVoid macrumors 65816

Firefox and adblock and no script. Does wonders for my sanity while web browsing. I think there's adblock for Safari as well. I run a flash block as well that lets me select which flash parts I want to see.

Every time I have to browse without them, I'm appalled at all the garbage advertisers thinks will sell their products. Just pisses me off, actually.

There are some sites that i visit regularly that I'd never visit again if I had to do it with their layers and layers of ads they slap on. I know they have to make money, but some of them just reduce the 'content' to a tiny portion of the page.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios