Automatic calendar events from email

friscohorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Why do some of my email confirmations give me the option of adding to the calendar at the top of the email and others so not? Is there a setting I'm not seeing? I like how it adds all the right details to the calendar, but it's not available for everything.

Thanks!

reptarwilleatu

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Why do some of my email confirmations give me the option of adding to the calendar at the top of the email and others so not? Is there a setting I'm not seeing? I like how it adds all the right details to the calendar, but it's not available for everything.

Thanks!
what email app are you using? the default Mail app?

friscohorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Yes. As an example I booked a couple hotel rooms from Marriott. One of the confirmations gave me the option of adding to the calendar. The other did not. I know I can create an event, but I like how clean the automatic one is.

reptarwilleatu

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Yes. As an example I booked a couple hotel rooms from Marriott. One of the confirmations gave me the option of adding to the calendar. The other did not. I know I can create an event, but I like how clean the automatic one is.
not sure. it could be how it's formatted maybe? hopefully it works 99% of the time once iOS 9 comes out since it'll be automatic in adding it to your calender. Google seems to be better at finding calender events in email, but Apple should be able to do it almost just as well. especially in iOS 9

BrianBaughn

macrumors 604
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I use TripIt for travel events. It's a subscribed calendar that gets populated by confirmation/reservation emails that you forward to a tripit.com email address. Works every time. The calendar events end up with all the pertinent details.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.