Automatic calendar events from email

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by friscohorn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. friscohorn macrumors newbie

Why do some of my email confirmations give me the option of adding to the calendar at the top of the email and others so not? Is there a setting I'm not seeing? I like how it adds all the right details to the calendar, but it's not available for everything.

Thanks!

2. reptarwilleatu macrumors regular

reptarwilleatu

what email app are you using? the default Mail app?

3. friscohorn thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. As an example I booked a couple hotel rooms from Marriott. One of the confirmations gave me the option of adding to the calendar. The other did not. I know I can create an event, but I like how clean the automatic one is.

4. reptarwilleatu macrumors regular

reptarwilleatu

not sure. it could be how it's formatted maybe? hopefully it works 99% of the time once iOS 9 comes out since it'll be automatic in adding it to your calender. Google seems to be better at finding calender events in email, but Apple should be able to do it almost just as well. especially in iOS 9

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I use TripIt for travel events. It's a subscribed calendar that gets populated by confirmation/reservation emails that you forward to a tripit.com email address. Works every time. The calendar events end up with all the pertinent details.