iPad Automatic deleting my old pictures when i do synin my computer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nawas, May 17, 2015.

1. Nawas, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015

Nawas macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am using i pad air 2 and windows 8.1 computer. i have to keep my old picture in my ipad. So when i do sync a folder in my i pad, it is automaticaly deleting my old sync folder in my iPad.
    How i can solve this problem?????

When i do sync my i pad air2 with my computer my earlier sync picture folder is going to delete. I want to to keep all folder in my i pad. How i can neglect this problem.

iOS 8.3, I pad air 2

Please help to me

2. ApfelKuchen, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

When you sync, you are selecting what you want to have placed on the iPad. If you keep syncing the same folder, you will be updating the contents of the folder (that's the point of syncing - to make the folder the same in both places).

Here's what you can do: Create a new folder each time, and sync the old folder(s) and the new folder in your sync settings.

3. Nawas thread starter macrumors newbie

How can solve this problem.....????.

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Maybe it's just a problem of translation? If you are using the Apple support web site in your native language, the links below should open these support articles in that language.

Do you want to:
    a) Put images onto the iPad (sync): https://support.apple.com/HT201313, or
    b) Take images from the iPad (transfer) https://support.apple.com/HT201302 ?

Those support articles are very clear, and are illustrated, and will probably be easier to understand than my English.

I believe your problem is that you are removing images from the sync folder on your computer, but wish them to stay on your iPad. Does that sound right?