Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulold

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
I'm confused. I thought the iCloud was something new they just revealed. How then is there a screen in Settings... Store on my iPhone 4 to turn on Automatic Downloads of Music, Apps and Books? Surely someone would have noticed this before iCloud was released. Did Apple add it to my iPhone without an update or without my syncing my phone with my laptop (which I haven't done in a few days)? Or did we always have this feature and it's nothing new?

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    136.2 KB · Views: 138

paulold

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
Was it announced during the keynote that this would happen? Seems extraordinary to me that Apple changed something in the iPhone remotely without user agreement or even knowledge. Have they ever done this before?

TEHi

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2011
Was it announced during the keynote that this would happen? Seems extraordinary to me that Apple changed something in the iPhone remotely without user agreement or even knowledge. Have they ever done this before?

Have you accepted the new 100 page long user agreement?

paulold

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Washington, DC
Have you accepted the new 100 page long user agreement?

And while yes, I did accept the agreement, when reading through the agreement, I did not see any mention that in doing so there would be a change made to the iOS and pushed to my iPhone automatically.

What's the big deal, you may ask? Well, if you can send without the enduser's awareness or consent, you can receive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.