Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrandonRugzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Alright, I have a question and this may be something that I have overlooked (as many problems I have had in the past have been), but I do design work between my iMac and MacBook Pro. I also have a server in my house. I am wondering if there is any mechanism (via program or what-have-you) that would allow me to save my documents to my computer and then, based on file type, save to a specific place on my connected server.

I have looked up a couple of tutorials on Automator (thinking that something called Automator would handle a task such as mine), but EVERY SINGLE one of them just shows me how to resize and rename photos. I do not care about resizing and renaming photos via Automator.

I really hope someone can help me with this!
Thank you very much,

-Brandon

BrandonRugzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Wow.

You answered my question like 30 seconds after it was posted. You are a champion among men, thank you so much!!

BrandonRugzie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
No!

I'm certain that is not the case!

So, I downloaded the program. I am not certain how to set it up to do what I need. Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.