Automatic music tagger for iTunes? Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by treysik, Dec 14, 2008.

1. treysik macrumors newbie

Hello all!

So, prior to switching to Mac I never used iTunes and I was downloading my music. Now, I have approx 5000 songs which I would like to tag in iTunes, so they appear properly - then add cover art to them. I purchase any missing music I have now via iTunes, but would love to get my previous batch of music to match them.

I find some apps via google, but nothing that seems to work the way I want it too - automatic. Unless I am over looking something, they seem to be manual ones. That would take a LONG time.

Thanks!

J

2. Dorde macrumors newbie

Just do it manually lol...Only took me like 5 hours to tag all my songs about a year ago...BTW I had like 3000 songs back then...You should be able to get it done it a day lol...

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Do you mind going to the window side? I would recommend tag and rename. You can query amazon.com and a few others sources for all the info on the song. It will even download your artwork etc. Great program. One of the few reasons I have windows on Mac is because of that program.

4. treysik thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks folks. I actually tried the trial of FixTunes and it worked great, but only went through 160 songs. Actually, it worked very well for those songs - only skipped a few. I cannot see spending $24.95 USD for something I will use once though, that is the only problem.

I might try going to the Windows side, I have Windows both my Macs, but I Rather avoid that if possible.