Automatic name changes in Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trinimini, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Trinimini macrumors newbie

Hey there. For some reason, whenever I connect with Adium it has my name as "David" even though in my preferences I have it as something else (Trinimini). David was just some random name I picked when I made my email and I don't want my username to be it. However, it seems as though I am constantly having to switch my name to Trinimini whenever I log in, even though my preferences says that my display name is Trinimini. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

2. Trinimini thread starter macrumors newbie

This would appear to be a problem with my MSN account. I logged into Messenger for Mac and it said my name was David. I changed it to Trinimini, logged off and then back on, it was David again. I had to log into hotmail.com and switch my name over to Trinimini from there. Does anyone know if there's a way I can fix this. I don't want to have to constantly go to hotmail.com to change my name whenever I want to stay changed on Adium.

3. jplg842 macrumors regular

I started having this problem too a little while ago!
    Very strange.. what i do, in performances change your name to whatever and enter, and then change it again and enter.

Anyone knows why this is happening? how can i be fixed?