Automatic Photo Scanner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Freis968, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Is there such a scanner that you can set in say 500 or so pics and then it will automatically feed and scan your pics, while you are away at work for instance? If so, that would be worth its weight in gold I would say.

Any links to such a device would be nice and/or reviews of such a device if it exists.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I had a Brother multifunction (sheet-fed) that I could set several photos in and it would scan. However the results were less than stellar. I could only put about 10 photos in at a time, and then often it would pull two at a time, rendering them useless.

I'd be happy to hear that someone else has a better experience to share!

3. dartagnanh macrumors newbie

I believe there's an entry in this forum called 'Know of a Scanner w/ an Automatic Photo Feeder?' which discussed this issue more in-depth.

As in the other entry, I'd say go for the NeatDesk Scanner. If not, check out this site, automaticphotoscanner.com. It lists some of the best (I guess) scanners for this purpose. Personally, again I'd recommend NeatDesk because of its multi-size batch-scan capability. But then again, I've not tried the others.