Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eXan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Hey, I've recently got this (sig) MacBook for my birthday. Its great and I'm really impressed with it, no issues at all.

There's one thing though. When you disconnect the magsafe, the screen brightness decreases slightly, when connect it back, it restores to whatever with was before. The thing is, I'd like it to automatically decrease the brightness to 50%, instead of 60-65 and when its running of outlet power to make it 100% bright. Now I have to manually adjust the brightness when changing the powersourses and its getting annoying.

Any automatic way to do it?

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Hey, I've recently got this (sig) MacBook for my birthday. Its great and I'm really impressed with it, no issues at all.

There's one thing though. When you disconnect the magsafe, the screen brightness decreases slightly, when connect it back, it restores to whatever with was before. The thing is, I'd like it to automatically decrease the brightness to 50%, instead of 60-65 and when its running of outlet power to make it 100% bright. Now I have to manually adjust the brightness when changing the powersourses and its getting annoying.

Any automatic way to do it?

Have a look at energysaving settings in sytem preferences. ;)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Change the 'setting for' tab to battery. There is a tick box to "reduce the brightness of display when using this source". You cant set the exact brightness though.

Send a feature request to Apple via Apple.com/feedback it would be a nice feature to have. :)

eXan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Change the 'setting for' tab to battery. There is a tick box to "reduce the brightness of display when using this source". You cant set the exact brightness though.

Send a feature request to Apple via Apple.com/feedback it would be a nice feature to have. :)

Thats what I was asking for :( Maybe I'll have to send Apple a feedback then ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.