Automatic Speakerphone on?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by booksacool1, Feb 9, 2012.

1. booksacool1 macrumors 6502

Hey there,

I have my iPhone 4S in my car (with a stand) and I'm looking for a solution. I frequently recieve calls - but they don't come in on speakerphone and I have to look at the screen and find the speaker phone button. Looking at the phone while driving is anything but ideal.

Is there any way to set the iPhone to automatically switch to speaker phone mode when its plugged into power? Or is there any quick toggle to force speaker phone on for all calls?

The only option I've found would be a bluetooth kit - but they are a little out of my price range.

2. normanbates macrumors regular

How's this?

Code:
    http://www.dinodirect.com/Bluetooth-Car-Kit-Speaker-Cell-Phone-Handsfree.html?cur=AUD&AFFID=123

3. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

I am 90% sure if you go to settings>phone and tinker around a bit, there's a default option

4. normanbates macrumors regular

It's settings>general>accessibility>incoming calls

5. booksacool1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the option. Only catch is they both lock it on permanently - I want it to do that just when I'm in the car. I haven't figured out a way to get the phone to autodetect that.

Finding the setting does take a little while. Does anyone know a short cut, or an app to bring up the setting on the home screen?

6. normanbates macrumors regular

You could create a HTML document on your computer and use it to set a preference shortcut on your home screen.

You only need to put this code in
    Code:
    prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
    If you don't know how to do it I'll do it for you and attach. Unfortunately there is no way, using these shortcuts, to go directly into the incoming calls option

7. normanbates macrumors regular

Right I've figured it out, there is a free app to help you make homescreen shortcuts

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ahomeicon-lite-favorite-home/id495872299?mt=8

What you need to do once You've downloaded it is open it up and on the main screen choose URL and then paste prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY into it and then click done.

On the bottom right there is an icon of a box and an arrow pointing outwards of it. Click that nd follow the instructions

8. booksacool1 thread starter macrumors 6502

That works really well. I didn't realise that was even possible. Cheers!

Is there a way to direct it directly to the Incoming calls setting, or even to choose Speaker or headset?

9. normanbates macrumors regular

Unfortunately not. I tried to alter the code to go a bit further into the accessibility option but it won't go any further