Automatic syncing of phone numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Axemantitan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Axemantitan macrumors 6502

I don't own an iPhone, so I don't whether this feature already exists, but it is something that I would like to see implemented if it hasn't already. Since people so often lose or destroy their phones and lose the numbers stored in them, I would like to be able to sync an iPhone with a computer and have all of the stored numbers saved in a file in the computer, which can then be restored to a replacement phone in case of loss of destruction of the first phone.

2. shandyman Suspended

you can sync to the cloud in iOS5, so it's always up to date, currently the iTunes backups will have contacts saved. with windows vista and 7,you can have it sync with windows contacts each time you sync with iTunes, therefore having it always on the PC correct.

your best opption will be either sync via Gmail, if you have a Gmail, or in sept, use iCloud

3. walie macrumors 6502a

+1 on google

I have my contacts synched through google using exchange, any changes i make in Gmail or on my phone are synched immediately

4. shandyman Suspended

yea i have mine thru iCloud and it's great as it's on my iPhone, iPad, my PC and my Laptop instantly.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Another recommendation for google on exchange.

6. TheOriginalKi macrumors 6502

Hotmail on exchange also syncs contacts. Although I use gmail.

7. dickdaney macrumors regular