Automatic updates

matttye

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I just have a couple of questions about this new feature if someone with the beta could kindly answer.

1) Can you turn it off altogether?

2) Can you set it up so that it only downloads automatically when connected to WiFi?

chadf652

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
I also have a question about the automatic updates.

1) Is there any way you can actually see what things are being updated in the app since its automatically updated in the background?

I like being able to read the detailed list of things being updated. Thanks :)

d3bruts1d

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
TN
I also have a question about the automatic updates.

1) Is there any way you can actually see what things are being updated in the app since its automatically updated in the background?

I like being able to read the detailed list of things being updated. Thanks :)
I'd like to know this as well as I read the change information for every app. I wonder if they would push update notifications to notification center to provide the details there. e.g. "Your app Facebook was updated to v6.21. From the developer: update includes bug fixes."

Brenz

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
1) Yes. Automatic downloads can be turned off in settings

2)Yes. There is an option to use mobile data or not.

There are notifications when apps are updated.

BlueHorizonUK

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2003
Also, when you go into the App store and click on the updates tab at the bottom it shows which apps were updated and their respective notes so you can leave autoupdates on and still see what was updated and what is new with them

----------

1) Yes. Automatic downloads can be turned off in settings

2)Yes. There is an option to use mobile data or not.

There are notifications when apps are updated.
Yes but the notification only shows the apps that were updated and not the detailed notes about what was updated. To get the notes you need to go into the App store and click on updates and it will show what was updated and their notes

hbenitez09

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Flipboard has an update out at the moment and i went to the app store and it still showed me the details of what was changing.

Yes you can turn off cellular data but it will turn it off for automatic updates, apps, itunes match and itunes radio all at once.

Attachments