Automatic video summarization on the Mac?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rbuelling, Mar 20, 2010.

1. rbuelling macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Does anybody know if any software supports automatic video summarization on the Mac? The idea is to automate the video editing process, so that the software can for example pick the best 20 minutes of video out of 2 hours worth of material.

Lately several packages started supporting this on Windows (e.g. Muvee Reveal or Adobe Premiere Elements). I'm not sure how well that actually works, but I'm still curious if something similar is available on the Mac as well.

Thanks.

Ralph

2. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

I'd be mightily suspicious of any suggestion that a piece of software could select the "best" bits of a video — computers don't have opinions.

Oh, and I don't know of any Mac software offering this.

EDIT: I tell a lie. There's this thing. See what you can glean from the description. I guess something like this could arbitrarily pick clips and dump them contiguously on the timeline — but that's stretching use of the term "editing".

3. rbuelling thread starter macrumors newbie

Keith,
    Thanks for the info, First Cuts Studio for Final Cut Pro is the type of thing I am looking for. I am more interested in a consumer equivalent (maybe for Final Cut Express?) to summarize video of the kids. Maybe that will be offered one day...
    Thanks again.
    Ralph