Automatic [Your Smart Driving Assistant]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric/, Mar 12, 2013.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

Hey gents and ladies, I assume most of us here drive, and if you drive you probably use gas and you're probably interested in your mpg and other useful information about how you drive.

I saw this today and thought holy crap this is a great idea, and I think many of you will like it too:

www.automatic.com

2. pixl8 macrumors newbie

pixl8

I wonder if the idea will take off. Actually, I think one of my coworkers got a request to test a device similar to this (she's got a blog with a lot of followers and reviews things like this). I don't think it was this manufacturer, though. Honestly, I thought the FitBit was a stupid idea since what it does just seems like common sense, but obviously I have zero business sense because FitBit is a success. This thing makes more sense to me than FitBit.

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I could see this becoming a standard in say 10-15 years time but at the moment £~50 entry fee as too pricey for someone like me (a student) that should really be spending that money on petrol!

4. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Well, perhaps you could save that amount of money, and fix a problem with your car with the device.

It's an interesting trade off, to say the least.

5. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I just watched their little demo video and it seems like a neat gadget, but I too am unsure of whether it's worth it. FWIW, it does more than just monitor your fuel usage; it can warn you and provide details about maintenance issues, and if you're in a crash it can automatically dial some number of people (including 911 I assume) to alert them of the accident.