Automatically Add Album Art

Discussion in 'iPod' started by pixelbaker, Apr 11, 2007.

1. pixelbaker macrumors member

pixelbaker

I'm sure this is a much repeated topic, but I did search and couldn't come up with the answer I'm looking for anywhere and someone might know off the top of their head.

I've got a massive collection of MP3s, mostly tagged well with album and all that info. I need an app that will look at the album and automatically add album art to iTunes based on that, either in batch (grouped by album) or individually.

If I select a whole list of songs and then do Get album artwork it does work sometimes, but not consistently. I wish it would ask me what album it is or allow me to somehow locate it and choose that as the correct album art and apply it to all the songs affected.

I really don't want to have to google image search each album then drag over [possibly substandard quality] art. That would just suck for this much music.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I don't know if there is a programm which can do that. But here's what I did and it works quite well:

I let iTunes automatically add all the artwork it could find.

Then I made two playlists:

- one for wrong album art (less then 5 %)
    - one with missing album art (around 25 %)

I had to drag the albums manually to one of these playlists. That's the boring part.

Then I mad a smart playlist which included all the other albums and changed it to a regular playlist:

- correct album art (more than 70 %)

Then I mad a smart playlist with all the files not included in one of these three playlists. Of course the playlist is empty at the beginning, but it will include all the new stuff as soon as it's imported.

I give iTunes another chance to find the correct artwork from time to time. And with that system, the work is limited to the first two playlists. :)

3. DreamNshadow macrumors newbie

Try Growltunes. An extra plugin from Growl. It automatically gets album art from Amazon.com

:)