"Automatically Add To iTunes" Not Removing Original File.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benh911f, Nov 3, 2011.

1. benh911f macrumors 6502

The past couple of days when I've tried putting some items into iTunes through the "Automatically Add" folder, the items are going in, but the originals still remain in the previous location. I do have my iTunes library pointing towards a Drobo, but if I remember correctly, that hasn't mattered in the past, as it will still completely move the original file into the proper folder. Or am I just going bonkers? :eek:

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

With Mac like any other platform. The OS will default to copying a file from one hard drive (or network share) to another. Rather than moving it like when dragging from one folder to another within a hard drive. Also if you only have read access to a folder it will only copy not move the file.

In windows you can drag and drop with the right mouse button and get an option to copy, move or create shortcut. I don't know of anyway to do this in OS X. I know their are options to copy rather than move but not the other way around.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

That is normal. Once you see it in iTunes, you can delete the file that resides in your downloads folder.