Automatically connect to Wi-Fi??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alexmshore, Nov 3, 2011.

1. alexmshore macrumors member

Hi,

I use a Wi-Fi network which has one of those pop-up authentication methods. Is there a way i can get my iPhone to automatically log me into it instead of having to manually type in the username and password each time i want to log on?

Thanks alot.

:)

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I have this same thing at work and while mine did prompt me for my username and password each time for a while, it no longer does that. I'm not sure what changed or if I did something in particular to make it no longer ask me. Is your Wi-Fi network visible or do you have to manually add it via "Other..." in the Wi-Fi menu?

3. alexmshore thread starter macrumors member

Its visible, it gets really annoying having to re enter the details every 5 minutes...

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Okay, then instead of selecting it in the Wi-Fi menu, try adding it manually by tapping on "Other...", typing in the network name, selecting the security type, and entering in your credentials. I don't know that this will work but I think it's worth a try.

5. alexmshore thread starter macrumors member

That seems like its actually worked to my surprise!! I had to "Forget" the original network, and then add it in "Other..." selecting the WEP Security option and then just entered my password. I've even reset my phone and it still seems to work :cool:

Fingers crossed it will work continuously :D

6. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Awesome! Good to hear.