Automatically copy pdf to iBook + iPad sync

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by SRF, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SRF macrumors newbie

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but...

Up until Mavericks, I had an automator script running that would automate the following:

1) Secretary puts pdf into shared company Dropbox folder and that gets copied to my laptop.
    2) Script automatically copies pdf from shared Dropbox folder into "Automatically add to iTunes" folder.
    3) iTunes syncs with iPad and pdf appears in iBooks without me doing anything.

Now that there is a separate iBooks app this is not working, and copying files into the iBooks folder does not seem to make iBooks see them.

Any thoughts on how I can get my process working again?

Thanks very much.

2. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

If anyone answers, this please start with a general (non-automated or -scripted) explanation of how to copy pdf files from iMac to an iPad. I assume that you place the files into iBooks on the iPad somehow, is this correct?

And how can you organize several dozen PDF files into folders? Can iBooks do this?

My wife has a Nook HD (small tablet), which is Android with Nook's overlay. It's very straightforward to copy PDF files into the Nook, but it's not obvious to me how to do this with an iPad.