Automatically divert to Voicemail for Unknown calls?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by iphonefreak450, Jun 1, 2017.

1. iphonefreak450 macrumors regular

How can I setup all Unknown numbers to automatically divert to Voicemail?
    Is there any way to do this?

So in other words, all numbers that I saved to my contacts I would pickup, but EXCEPT for unknown numbers.

If not possible, then suppose for example, my phone rings with an unknown number, how can I block it?

Because what I do, is I either let it ring until the unknown caller hangs up, or I would answer it then hang up on it.

Thanks

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

The discussion in a similar recent thread at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/possible-to-hang-up-on-call-w-o-picking-up.2044858/ should be of some help.

Remember, you can always use the sleep/lock button to control incoming calls: 1 press to silence the ringing, or 2 presses to decline the call (and basically send it directly to voicemail).

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I suppose you could set your default ringtone to silent and use an app like GRingtones to set custom ringtones for all your contacts. This wouldn't prevent the call from coming in, though.

I use the button method mentioned above by "C DM".

My business number is a Google Voice number that forwards to my iPhone and I have a lot more control over this sort of thing. Random wrong number dials direct to my iPhone number can't be controlled with iOS, though.