Automatically let someone know ETA when reaching a certain area

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by annay49, May 11, 2015.

1. annay49 macrumors member

Hey guys! Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if theres an app or action I can set up on my phone to text one or multiple people when I reach a certain spot on the freeway during my route home.

Some context: I ride a bus every single day home from work and depend on someone to come pick me up. Before the bus used to make a stop stop and then could text to let them know I'm 15 minutes away, wasn't much to pay attention to. Now I take a direct bus and have no idea when we're going to arrive.

I know in workflow there is a home eta button that you can set up to trigger, but again that requires me to know where I am.

Is there some way, with an app or workflow, that will know that I'm 15 minutes from home and text someone to let them know?

Thanks!

2. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

3. annay49 thread starter macrumors member

Will it work with android phones? The people I need to notify are android users.

4. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Unfortunately, not with Android phones. Sorry...

5. annay49 thread starter macrumors member

Thats ok, theres gotta be something out there that does this.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

https://ifttt.com

Take a look at IFTT and give this article a look. I believe you can use the IFTT iOS app to do the geofencing you want then put together a "recipe" at IFTT to send whatever kind of notification you like.