Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sultanoflondon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hi all,

I use spaces on my Mac to be able to keep my applications separate. For example, I have a space dedicated to Mail and one to Safari.

Usually, when I switch between the Mail space and the Safari space, Finder automatically switches from Mail as the active app to Safari. This means that I can immediately begin interacting with the open Safari webpage when I enter the Safari space.

Recently, this has changed. Now, when I switch from the Mail space to the Safari space, Mail is still the active application. What is even more odd is that this is only the case with Mail. If I switch from a space in which I was typing a message on Skype to the Safari space with an open webpage, my Mac will automatically switch from Skype to Safari.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Mine works. I have mail full-screen in its own space and swiping to it gives it focus as expected. For example, if I'm here in Safari and cmd-N then I get a new browser window. If I switch to the space Mail is in and cmd-N I get a new email window.

MacOS 10.12.6 (beta).

sultanoflondon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Mine works. I have mail full-screen in its own space and swiping to it gives it focus as expected. For example, if I'm here in Safari and cmd-N then I get a new browser window. If I switch to the space Mail is in and cmd-N I get a new email window.

MacOS 10.12.6 (beta).

Thank you for your quick reply!

I have not got my Mail app in full screen, because I like having the menu bar at the top of my screen at all times.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Sorry, I wasn't clear with my terminology.

Mine isn't full-screen, but it's taking up the full screen (right up to the menu at the top and the dock which I have vertically on the left). Same as you, I like to see my menu and dock!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.