Automatically turn bluetooth on when power plugged in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pneublet, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Pneublet macrumors member

When my computer is plugged in I tend to always use the bluetooth. When It's unplugged I don't use it to save power (and other reasons). Is there a way to set up bluetooth to turn on automatically when the power is plugged in and turn off when it's not?

(Sorry if a thread exists but I did do a search)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Um.... it's a single mouse-click. Why spend time automating something that's already so quick and easy?

Attached Files:

3. Pneublet thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the insight but that doesn't answer my question. Obviously I know it's not difficult to turn on and off, but I tend to forget about it and for some reason I get a lot better battery time when it's off. So instead of stating the obvious you could have just said that you believe the answer is no.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I appreciate both perspectives in this thread. You should contact Doug's Applescripts.

5. Pneublet thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, once again, you're just a massive heap of help. Maybe you could go find a thread where your input is useful.

I did that search already, and while I didn't go in multiple pages, I didn't see a solution that didn't include putting in code. That's not what I'm looking for.

So once again, without sarcasm or telling me not to be lazy, is there a program or built in solution that will do this for me. If the answer is no, then that's fine. If the answer is yes I would love to hear about it.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The very first link in the search results has your answer. Take the time to actually read.

Attached Files:

7. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

I would assume in Automator. Don't know the exact script though.

8. Pneublet thread starter macrumors member

I dunno what you see, but when I click your "I'm an ******* so here let me do this for you because I like being an *******" link, that page isn't there. At least it isn't there for me. I'd upload a screen capture but it makes no difference.

But thank you for answering my question. I truly appreciate you helping me out (that link is exactly what I was hoping somebody would throw my way) and I appreciate you letting me know to ignore anything you post for now on. =)

9. Pneublet thread starter macrumors member

Has anybody used this program and set it up to do what I'm looking for? It doesn't seem to have many options under settings and I cannot get it to turn on and off automatically based on the power cable being plugged in.

ggjstudios, please go be annoying in another thread.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

11. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

haha, i love it when the google whores speak.