Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longwood

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2005
So basically what I would like to do is have automator automatically save a particular website as a web archive everyday. I have tried searching but haven't found anything. Can anybody help please?

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Just make it yourself.

In automator:

hit the record button, switch to safari, load the page, choose save as web archive, click new folder, hit save, then hit the stop button on automator.

Then make a repeating ical event that launches the script every day at midnight.

Done.

longwood

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Just make it yourself.

In automator:

hit the record button, switch to safari, load the page, choose save as web archive, click new folder, hit save, then hit the stop button on automator.

Then make a repeating ical event that launches the script every day at midnight.

Done.

is that record feature is only on 10.5?

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
the record function is only in leopard.

I am kind of disapointed by it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosent. Definitely not dependable in my view. One thing that really bugs me is that there is no way to record something but when its later played have it either work behind the scenes or not watch the not so smooth mouse actions willing it to select the right option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.