Automator Back

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ACiB708, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ACiB708 macrumors regular

Hello,

Because of a stupid, stupid thing I did on the terminal with su right, I deleted every application on my applications folder from A to H... Every app there was downloaded from the internet, so I just downloaded them again, except for Automator, so is there any way to get it back? I'm away from home o I won't have the SL install disc for the next 3 weeks or so, and I need Automator as soon as possible, any help? Thanks a lot in advance!

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You also deleted Calculator.app, Chess.app, Dashboard.app (although this isn't really necessary since it can be activated other ways), Dictionary.app, DVD Player.app, Font Book.app, Front Row.app (not really necessary since it can be activated in other ways), and Garage Band.app.

3. ACiB708 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up, TuffLuffJimmy -.- ... (If I press command+esc Front Row does start, weird since it is not there anymore, but doing simple math on Spotlight search bar doesn't work anymore) Any help for the Automator thing?

4. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I would pop in the OS install CD, Show in Finder, then search for & reinstall missing app packages.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

He doesn't have the OS disks.

OP, your best bet would be to go to an Apple Store, or find a friend with the same version of OS X as you and have him/her send you those missing app packages.

6. ACiB708 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, that's what I'll do is it's my only option :s Oh well, next time I'll double check, no no... triple check the terminal commands