Automator for iMovie '08 Conversion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by scobes, Aug 25, 2007.

1. scobes macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone!

I'm looking for a little help with an Automator for converting .AVI files from a Casio Digital Camera into a movie format that is recognized by iMovie '08. I've been able to create a workflow that searches the pictures folder for any .avi file and converts it to .mov with Quicktime, but there are two problems.

1. I can't seem to find an option to convert the file into the original director and delete the original .avi file.
    2. The date-stamp that I use in iPhoto is changed to the current date
    3. iPhoto and iMovie don't automatically recognize the new files. I have to import the file into iPhoto, and then iMovie will ad it to my list.

Can anyone help?

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Casio has a QuickTime component that you can download from its website. I've been using it, so I've never had to convert any of my AVI files. I can play it in QT and edit it in iMovie.

BTW, it was iMovie '06.

3. scobes thread starter macrumors newbie

Its interesting. My video's play fine in Quicktime. They are from a Casio Digital Camera, not the digital video camera I think this particular component is for. The issue seems to be in importing into iMovie '08. It doesn't seem to accept many formats:(

I'm going to give it a try though.

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

been trying to do this aswell, any chance you could take a screen shot of your workflow so I can have a look!!!!!!!!

isquint does the job pretty well but I want to do them all at the same time