Automator for iMovie '08 Conversion

scobes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Hey Everyone!

I'm looking for a little help with an Automator for converting .AVI files from a Casio Digital Camera into a movie format that is recognized by iMovie '08. I've been able to create a workflow that searches the pictures folder for any .avi file and converts it to .mov with Quicktime, but there are two problems.

1. I can't seem to find an option to convert the file into the original director and delete the original .avi file.
2. The date-stamp that I use in iPhoto is changed to the current date
3. iPhoto and iMovie don't automatically recognize the new files. I have to import the file into iPhoto, and then iMovie will ad it to my list.

Can anyone help?

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Casio has a QuickTime component that you can download from its website. I've been using it, so I've never had to convert any of my AVI files. I can play it in QT and edit it in iMovie.

BTW, it was iMovie '06.

scobes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Casio has a QuickTime component that you can download from its website. I've been using it, so I've never had to convert any of my AVI files. I can play it in QT and edit it in iMovie.

BTW, it was iMovie '06.
Its interesting. My video's play fine in Quicktime. They are from a Casio Digital Camera, not the digital video camera I think this particular component is for. The issue seems to be in importing into iMovie '08. It doesn't seem to accept many formats:(

I'm going to give it a try though.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
been trying to do this aswell, any chance you could take a screen shot of your workflow so I can have a look!!!!!!!!

isquint does the job pretty well but I want to do them all at the same time