Automator "Save as Script" gone in Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by japanime, Jul 28, 2011.

1. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to save an Automator workflow as a script on Lion. This was possible under Snow Leopard and earlier versions of OSX.

Is it no longer possible?

2. chown33 macrumors 604

I see no "Save as Script" in any Automator version, under OS versions 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6.

There is "Save as Plugin" and you can choose "For Script Menu": OS 10.4, 10.5. Not present on 10.6's Automator.

3. bilboa macrumors regular

I'm still on Snow Leopard and I don't have this option either. The Automator "Save As" dialog gives me a choice of saving as Application or Workflow.

Perhaps you're mixing up Script Editor and Automator? Script Editor's "Save As" dialog does give you Script, Script Bundle, Application, and Text options.

4. Red Menace macrumors 6502

Maybe you are talking about copying the events from the Watch Me Do action into the Script Editor (or a Run AppleScript action)?

5. japanime thread starter macrumors 68000

japanime

Thanks, everyone, for your answers. It was the "Save as Plugin" option mentioned by chown33 that I was thinking about.

I'm not really enjoying this new version of Automator. It seems to run more slowly, and it's almost impossible for me to grab the scrollbars in the very limited real estate devoted to them. Guess there's a learning curve...

6. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

You're not meant to grab the scrollbars anymore. You meant to use a scroll weel or make scrolling gestures on a trackpad.