Automator stay logged into web app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PicnicTutorials, Jan 19, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Made a web app cool enough. But I have to log into the page - pandora in this case. Any way around that?

2. numlock macrumors 68000

3. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Sure! I hate not knowing how to do things. My mind will not be at peace until I get this mac figure out completely.

Automator is a app that comes with Mavericks (maybe other OS as well no idea). Using it you can make a webapp. Exactly like a bookmark you add to ios home screen. You can declare what size you want it and a few other things. Not much on the web about it so I assume it's new. Works well but I made one for Pandora and I have to log in each time in order to listen to music. Is there some way to stay logged into a web app made via Automator? For instance you can close your browser all day and night and you stay logged in to Pandora.

4. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

figured it. No popup use web page.

How to make a web app on osx just like on iPhone.

automator app > choose application > in search field enter "web" > drag "get specific url" into box on right > enter your url > drag in "display webpages" > save > as application in applications.

right click your new application > get info > click on current icon > paste new image into it for custom icon.