Automator won't delete actions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jnich640, Jan 20, 2010.

1. jnich640 macrumors newbie

OK, I move an action into the workflow space. Now, I realize that I made a mistake (God forbid) and I want to remove that action. PLEASE tell me how in the world do I do that. I click on the 'x' in the top right corner and nothing happens. I click on it and press delete key. Zilch. I even drag it to the trash (out of desperation).

Perhaps my Automator.app is corrupt. I can't think of any other reason I'm not able to delete an action from the workflow. How do I reinstall in Snow Leopard? I can't using the install disk because Automator is not one of the apps designated. Can I download it (the app)?

I seem to be the only person in the universe that has this problem (not being able to delete an action).
    I've googled my fingers raw.

Thanks

iMac Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.2) Automator 2.1

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. jnich640 thread starter macrumors newbie

Eureka!

I finally solved the problem thru trial and error. It has to do with Snow Leopard - which I wish I had never installed.
    On the app's 'get info' you need to make sure it's set in 32-bit mode - by checking the box.
    I am not geek enough to explain why this affects Automator... but it does solve my problem.