Automount NAS + Time machine

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by J273, Nov 23, 2011.

1. J273 macrumors regular

Hi all.

Recently bought a cheap NAS for use with my macbook air,A D-link DNS 320 .Mainly bought it for time machine use and itunes library storage.

Is it possible to have the NAS auto mount on turn on or wake of the machine and auto login ,without the need of me manually having to go to - Go -> connect to server?

Alos ive got the time machine setup to use the NAS and it starts to backup fine but with it being the first 60+GB backup it fails with network errors.Is it possible for me to do the initial backup to an external HD then transfer the folder to the NAS and allow the smaller incremental backups to be backed up to the NAS from the initial backup being done on an external HD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

2. andyboutte, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

andyboutte macrumors member

First I would highly suggest synology for your next NAS.

Second once you have the share mounted on your desktop open up your system preferences -> Users & Groups or Accounts (depending on what OS your running) -> Login Items. Then just drag the share from your desktop to the login items area. Then every time you login to your computer it will mount you NAS share.