AutoPlay Creator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mainstay, Jul 6, 2011.

1. mainstay, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

mainstay macrumors 6502

mainstay

Hi All,

I use Indigo Rose's Autoplay Media Studio to create a simple promo CD for my school.

Code:
    http://www.indigorose.com/products/autoplay-media-studio/
    This runs as a Windows autoplay.exe.

I want to engage our growing Mac student body and am looking for a program that can create similar content.

[EDIT]I don't need it to actually autorun on a Mac, just have a nice interface that can be loaded from a USB stick that I can add content to, like the examples here:

Code:
    http://www.indigorose.com/products/autoplay-media-studio/video-tutorials/
    [/EDIT]

Ideally, I would design on one platform that supports output to both Mac and PC, but I am open to suggestions.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

--m

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

By far the simplest way to tackle projects like these is to export the final output as HTML, so the user can view it in their web browser of choice (or whatever the default is on the systems in use). There are still a few gotchas with this approach:
    • MSIE8 and older versions don't support HTML5 at all
    • Be aware of web browser security restrictions if linking to local files
    • Make sure you test the output in a variety of browsers - at least Safari, IE, Firefox and Chrome

3. mainstay thread starter macrumors 6502

mainstay

Thank you for the response.

Our material isn't a good candidate for conversion.

Do you know of any application development platform (this is far too strong a category for what we want to do) that mimics the features of Indigo Rose's Auto Play Media Creator, only on a Mac?