Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drewps5co0tt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hey guys,

Is there a setting anywhere in tvOS to turn off or turn on autoplay for tv/movie apps, etc? I watch a lot of TV shows from various network TV apps on my Apple TV (4Th Generation) logged in via my cable provider. I could have sworn before the most recent update to tvOS, that after a episode of a show finished playing, the app(s) would return to the playlist for that show I was watching, giving me the option to play the next episode. It seems from the last update to tvOS none of the apps are doing that anymore and when an episode finishes playing, a countdown clock immediately starts counting down before the next episode automatically will start to play. I don't like this and want to be able to turn it off if it's possible, but I can't seem to find any setting within the devices settings to disable this.

At first I thought it was just the particular app I was using, but then I went to every network app I have on my device and now they are all doing this, I'm finding it quite odd and I'm assuming it's a tvOS update that is causing this and not the apps themselves. Nowhere in any of the apps settings (most barely have any to begin with) are there any selections to disable AutoPlay.

I find this feature really annoying and want it disabled if possible.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.