autorun FAILURE

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bmm300, Apr 29, 2008.

1. bmm300 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone.

I've just purchased a Netgear wireless router and have fallen at the first hurdle of trying to install the software. I have a MacBook 10.4.10.

When I load up the CD I can see all the files the installation disk contains but the various autorun files ask me to specify the program I want to open them with. There's a help file for Mac users that recommends I install a Joliet Volume Access extension, but this is for Mac OS 7-9, as my version apparently already contains it, or something similar, that should allow me to run it immediately.

As you can probably tell, I am an immense retard when it comes to computers and am therefore entirely lost amongst hybrid CD creators and programs called CDEveryWhere, etc etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Also apologies if this is the wrong forum/wrong type of question/just wrong.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

those autorun file are used in Windows to automatically load the installer when you pop in the install CD. this isnt compatible with OS X so dont worry about installing it.

generally with a wireless router you dont need to install anything as its plug and play with a wifi card but the manufacturer just supplies the software anyway as they would like you to use it.

it should just work out of the box!