Autosave and Versions? How to access?

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
I know autosave is supposed to take place in the background automatically, but how do you access versions?

I tested by creating a new word document, but no autosaving was taking place. It still asked me if I wanted to save the document when I tried to close the window.

I looked for different versions of the document, but none exist.

Any ideas?

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I know autosave is supposed to take place in the background automatically, but how do you access versions?

I tested by creating a new word document, but no autosaving was taking place. It still asked me if I wanted to save the document when I tried to close the window.

Any ideas?
Open text edit. Type something. Save it. Type something else click on the word edited in the title bar, now select a different version.

Comment

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Support for autosave and versions must be built into the application, so don't expect it to work in Office apps.

Comment

timotay89

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011

Any ideas?
If you're using iWork I had to update them from the App Store AFTER I installed Lion. It said I had the most up to date version of them this morning when I had Snow Leopard.

Comment

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
So autosave will never work for office apps?

Or will we have to wait for an update from Apple?

Or will we have to wait for an update from msft office?

Comment