Autosave folder to iCloud?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by james1758, Jun 9, 2016.

1. james1758 macrumors regular

james1758

Hi all,

My friend has just been through a nightmare scenario, they've had their laptop stolen and all their University work was on it. Luckily they're in their first year... but still.

I want to take steps to prevent this as I am doing my dissertation next year.

Is there a way to save my 'Uni work' folder automatically to iCloud? And have it automatically back up to iCloud whenever a change is detected in that folder? Could I use iCloud Drive for this? Microsoft OneDrive?

All this folder has in are Microsoft word documents (plus a few other random documents) but I want to be safe in the knowledge that if anything happens to my computer all my Uni work will be safe.

Many thanks
    James

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

iCloud Drive does exactly that also protect your laptop by putting a boot password on it.

3. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

What I did to be able to automatically sync a file in iCloud was move the folder to ~/Library/Mobile Documents
    Then, you can simply open the iCloud Drive folder in Finder and work on your content from there, it will automatically sync changes for you.