autoscroll

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pere, Mar 7, 2008.

1. pere macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a web app where I need autoscroll (for displaying lyrics to guitarists). Today this works perfectly under Safari/Firefox/IE. I am however totally unable to come up with a javascript-code that works under iPhone/Touch.

Any ideas?

2. PuffMatte macrumors newbie

I need it too...

That's just what I'm looking for as well... Any luck finding a solution ?
    This application would be worth a lot to me...

3. pere thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have found a solution.

I think this is the best way of doing it:
    Code:
    function ipodScrollTo(){
            //In general this scolls about 3/4 of the screen
    	if (window.orientation == 0 || window.orientation == 180){
    		 		slength = 290;
    		} else {
    	 			slength = 145;
    	}	

start = window.pageYOffset;

//It could just jump to the end.
            //However I liked this better. Makes it easier to follow the text
            //This do however depend on what kind of text you have
    	for(i=(slength/4);i<=slength;i=i+5){
    		window.scrollTo(0,(start + i));
    	}

//Uncomment to return to top if you are at the bottom
    	//if (window.pageYOffset == start) window.scrollTo(0, 1);	

}

4. PuffMatte macrumors newbie

ok, that's good news.
    Just one "small" problem. I know very little about computers and programing. My situation is that I'm planning on getting myself an iPod touch if there's a way to show textdocuments that scrolls on it.
    I'm a singer/guitarist/entertainer and instead of carrying 3 binders packed with songlyrics around to every gig, having all song in the iPod would save me a lot of time. I'd be more efficient.
    So I would really appreciate if you could go through it step by step, how you do it.
    I'v got all my lyrics as "word-doc's" in my PC. Do I need a special app. downloaded to my computer or the iPod? What do I need and how do I do it...?

Please please tell me how you do it...

Kind regards PuffMatte

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

What are the URLs for these apps?

Would u like to share them on my site?

Ben

6. brando88 macrumors 6502

You may be interested in using the app "ruBooks." It's basically an Ebook reader that also allows viewing of PDFs, .doc, .xls, and images, but it has a customizable auto-scroll feature.

ruBooks is available via both Cydia and Installer.app, on the BigBoss source.

7. PuffMatte macrumors newbie

Thanks Brando 88,
    that may work for me... Is it easy/quick to work with. I need to browse the song-library easy? it contains over 800 songs.
    Anyway, I'm thankfull for all the tips a get in this matter...

thansk...

8. brando88 macrumors 6502

Its unbelievably easy lol, when you open the app you are presented with a mini file browser anchored at /mobile/

Just drop the texts into a folder (most likely on the Media partition, but anywhere in /mobile/ should work) and open the app to view!

Good Luck!

[ brando88 ]

9. PuffMatte macrumors newbie

Hey Brando 88.

can you, or anyone else for that matter tell me how I copy my lyrics (.doc) from my computer to my Ipod touch.
    I have jailbreaked my iPod and installed ruBooks, now I want to create my own library of songs on the iPod.

Sorry for being such a retard at this. But hey I'm a singer not a computerwizzard. . . ;)
    My situation is that I have the lyrics at my computer and I want to get them to my iPod so that I can read them with the ruBooks app.

If anyone can find the time to make me a foolproof step-by-step instruction manual I will be enourmusly grateful.

10. PuffMatte macrumors newbie

ok now I've learned how to use winscp to copy ".doc-files " to my iPod. Thank you google and youtube... lol
    But in what folder should I drop them so that I can open them with ruBooks. I can watch them but not with the autoscroll and all the other features that the app offers... Please Help !!