AutoSilent for ios 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bitgod, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

AutoSilent has been updated for iOS 4 now, it's working fine on the iPhone 4. One catch though, do NOT update if you are running 3.x, the update is iOS 4 only. Sort of a drag, hopefully the old version is available for people that need it, but it's better than making it a different app and making people pay again.

I haven't used calendar pro or whatever that other app is called, but I would think this is easier to use because you don't have to go to another app to set times.

2. sonicdissent macrumors regular

Might I also recommend SBSchedule, takes care of silencing at set times as well as wifi/bluetooth/3g toggles, actually can switch on or off anything you control with SB settings via profiles linked to times. It was very wonky and had a ton of bugs when I first purchased it, but most of those have been ironed out and it works great now.

3. monderick, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

monderick macrumors member

sorry to bump an old thread, but is anyone still using this app on 4.2.1?

some things like silencing the keyboard clicks and breaking push messages didn't work in the 7 day demo, so i was hoping they would function properly after buying the app. not so much :(

is there another app that will just force the phone into silent/vibrate mode on schedule? calendar sync isn't important, i just want my phone to not go off overnight because my insomniac friends make their turn in words with friends but still allow the ringer to work in case i get a phone call.
    thanks.

4. monderick macrumors member

sorry again to bump an old thread, but is anyone using an alternative to autosilent or sbschedule? neither app seems to support IOS 5.

5. Kayan macrumors 6502

I used to have CalendarPro4 to do this. Don't know if they have kept up to dated on it though, so might not work for iOS5.

6. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I liked PocketMode. If your phone was set to vibrate, it would vibrate for a moment, but if it was dark (i.e. in your pocket) it would start ringing.

Alas, it's not updated for iOS5 either.

7. Ztrel0cK macrumors newbie

SBSchedule works good for me on iOS 5. I miss some of functionality in the tool overall, but it does what is says for sure!

8. monderick, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

monderick macrumors member

version 1.2.4a from bigboss repo crashes to safe mode on my iphone 4 (5.0.1) :(

*edit* looks like the culprit wasn't SBschedule but rather the 'PushSoundBlock' addon that was doing it.
    the other toggle for this functionality on Cydia, 'Push Notifications Toggle' does not crash my Iphone but does not stay toggled either. something must have changed in ios5 to break these SBsettings addons.

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

AutoSilent is the only app I really miss from my jail breaking days.

10. monderick macrumors member

I emailed the Auto Silent dev and they responded within minutes that IOS5 support is being worked on :D

11. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Strange, I emailed the Dev and got, "No."

I like your answer better.

12. peter85 macrumors newbie

Me also, i am at present using Isilent which will silence phones from calender. i have made appointment in callender for every working day from 8 til 5 so no problems at work. try it free for 7 days.