AUX cable for car music

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by danny8200, Mar 20, 2015.

1. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Is there any specific one that's recommended? They're pretty much the same... this is going to be used simply for listening to music in the car.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nah... they are pretty much the same. Just grab whatever you find a good price on at any electronics store.

3. whitete macrumors member

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Doesn't really matter as long as the cable is properly made and even the cheapest ones out there seem sufficient.

5. tops2 macrumors regular

I used to use real cheap ones that costs $1-2. Initially they sounded fine but all of them broke after a few weeks to a few months. It would be hard to get good contact or a bunch of static will play when I go over bumps. Eventually I ended up buying a nicer braided cable from Amazon (forgot which brand but it had a bunch of reviews and costed I think ~$10. Best decision cause it's been months later the cable is still working perfectly.

Unless I had horrible luck with cheapie cables, I'd say splurge a little and get a nicer braided cable. Just don't go overboard and buy expensive cable though.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I use this one. Excellent quality cable that is braided.
    FRiEQ 3.5mm Male To Male Car and Home Stereo Cloth Jacketed Tangle-Free Auxiliary Audio Cable (4 Feet/1.2M) Fits Over Tablet & Smart Phone Cases For Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod, Samsung Galaxy, Android, MP3 Players Black/Green (Plug will be Fully Seated with Phone Case On) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HG1L334/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5eKdvb1MT68XA
    [​IMG]