AUX in car stereo compatible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tom2847, Aug 25, 2007.

1. tom2847 macrumors regular

I am now using a FM Transmitter (Monstor iPlay) which is good but I am looking for the best quality.

My headunit I have in my truck now is a Pioneer DEH-P5900IB and is iPod ready and has a AUX input. I am thinking about go to my local Bestbuy or Circuit City and buying this. It is the "Pioneer iPod Direct Cable (CDI200)"

I am wondering before I spend this money, do you think that this will work? I mean, the iPhone basically works with FM Transmitters and iPod docks that I've tried in the stores and iHome and everything. What do you guys think?

If I can do this, This will be so sweet and the quality will be full. Please let me know guys!

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I would buy it and think that it should work. Worst case is you return it. Would be the best way to hook it to your head unit.

3. blasius macrumors newbie

blasius

yea it will work for the ipod function but you will not hear a conversation thru it which i was hoping for :(

4. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

You could try something like the shure adapter with the built in microphone for the iPhone if you want to get a convo over the speakers... :)

6. mashoutposse macrumors 6502

This feature now works on my 1.0.2 iPhone! :apple: Try it. Best handsfree device ever.