Auxiliary + Charger in one Car Accessory for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by swl7, Jul 13, 2010.

1. swl7 macrumors member

Hello, I'm trying to find a compatible auxiliary + charging in one product for my iphone 4.

- I know that some products give that airplane mode warning: honestly I don't care as long as it works.

So what I'm looking at is the Kensington 2-in-1 charger (MSRP $39) and the Griffin Autopilot (MSRP @ apple store $49).

Any personal experience with these products? Well...the kensington 2 in 1 is not available yet but only for pre-order. However, my brother has an older discontinued kensington aux+charger accessory that works amazing. It gives the airplane mode warning but the quality is amazing and I'm so sad to see it is no longer in production :(

Which do you guys recommend? Or are there other products? Thanks.

2. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I loved my griffin autopilot until it got stolen from my car. Will be purchasing a new one when funds allow.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have a belkin holder that has 2 USB ports and an aux on the side. One 500ma and a 1000ma.

4. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

ProClip just announced an iPhone 4 specific holder with a built-in cigarette socket charge cord. Might fit your needs:

http://www.proclipusa.com/

5. dork420 macrumors regular

hey which one? can you post a link?

6. SDNikki macrumors member

7. theman510 macrumors 6502

I have this and love it:

http://www.macmall.com/p/4336080?dpno=7384305&source=mwbfroogle

I've had it for just over a year and the swivel is starting to get a loose when I turn the car. I haven't been able to find anything else like it. Charges it, and has the AUX pass through. It's around $40-50 on other sites but macmall has it for $20 so I think it's a steal at that price. I may order another one to replace my old one if I can't get it to stop swiveling

Edit: I can confirm it works just fine with iPhone 4!

8. Silenux macrumors newbie

Guys have any of you tried this?

[​IMG]

I would love if it works with iPhone 4.

Thanks.

9. bwapod macrumors member

I've been using the Griffin Autopilot for a while now. It works but be warned, if you are using a bumper case, the dock connector is the older "fat" type that won't fit.

10. dork420 macrumors regular

11. Azk02 macrumors newbie

If thats the GOgroove FlexPod+, it works with the Iphone 4. I bought it about three weeks ago and love it. Sound quality is decent (not CD Quality or anything like that) but for a FM Transmitter, it works pretty well.

12. clads01 macrumors member

13. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

If have this and it works great, but I often get a popup error saying it's not compatible, but it does work fine.

I would also suggest ebay for these kinds of cables, they're everywhere. Just keep in mind the cheap, cheap ones sound horrible.

14. kepner macrumors 6502

I have the Griffin AutoPilot, and it works great with the iPhone 4. I love the music controls on the part that goes into the cigarette lighter. (Those controls even work with third-party apps like Rhapsody. Lovely!)

The "not optimized" message comes up when you plug it in, but NoAccessorySplash (available in Cydia) helps with that.

15. dork420 macrumors regular

Autopilot is a no braining but I don;t want to pay the money to get something with an error message. AND I don't want to jailbreak...

16. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

17. dork420 macrumors regular