Auxiliary cord for my car

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LtRammstein, May 30, 2007.

1. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

I'm not quite sure if this is the right board, but hopefully you all can help me out.

I just purchased a used 1998 Jeep Cherokee, and the previous owner installed a custom sound system. I was playing with it the other day and it says it has an auxiliary input, I am assuming that it takes a 3.5mm input jack (for those of you who don't know, it's a regular headphone jack).

I love listening to my iPod, so I don't want it left out of my "new" toy. Is there a place I can buy it for cheap or am I out of luck?

Steve

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Guessing you need one w/ two male ends? I got one from Radioshack myself. Got it a few years back but I think it was <$10.

3. LtRammstein thread starter macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Thanks for the reply, I will check out Radioshack, if not I'll go to Ultimate Electronics and see if they have it.

Steve

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

5. moonzilla macrumors regular

yeah, radioshack definitely carries them. i bought a 6 incher since i didnt want excess cord laying around the front of my car. that way the ipod also stays very close to the stereo unit. i believe i paid around $5, which isnt bad, especially when you consider how outrageously overpriced radioshack tends to be

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Since you said you assume it takes a 3.5mm jack. Did you visually see a jack that looks like a headphone jack. Often the Auxilliary input is on the back of the stereo and consists of a left and a right rca jack. In which case you would need to go to radio shack and get an rca to 3.5mm mini jack adapter.