iPhone Auxo Redesign

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by apachemanz, Feb 7, 2013.

1. apachemanz, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

apachemanz macrumors newbie

I was wondering if Auxo developer Sentry would implement this slight change which would make it more functional and practical, would look good to the eyes too. If any one can make this possible, it would be great!!
    This would make good use of the wasted space on the upper half of the screen. And the size of the App Previews should be a bit bigger than the present Auxo ones.

Attached Files:

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I think the idea of this tweak is actually more useful than it really is. It is not that smooth, and I don't really know why I would need to see a "live" look at my running apps. NCsettings is more convenient and does a better job with the toggles too.

3. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't mind seeing this as long as they are *options*.

4. apachemanz thread starter macrumors newbie

@mattopotamus, well, the idea is not to see the 'live' look of apps, Its the ability to switch between open apps, which dont end and we can pick it up where we left it, like a ha;f watched youtube video or any other video. open tabs in a browser, half written msg, in-game resume function..anything for that matter.

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

So basically exactly as it is now? It's not a live-look now, it's a thumbnail of the last image from that app before you switched apps.

Right now, I can pull up the switcher (before and with auxo) and switch between apps, often between an unfinished email, a browser with several tabs, a game that I had paused, etc..

How is your suggestion any different? Besides pulling it up on the screen instead of just in the switcher.

6. jinkoh macrumors newbie

Aesthetics are important to some people
    Auxo brings nicer aesthetics
    But that's kind of it :)

FWIW I like your mockup. It would save a swipe.

7. Hawtin macrumors member

I like auxo better than sbsettings, would love it if this was built into iOS from now on.

8. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

Think thats revolting!

Much prefer how it is now!

9. apachemanz thread starter macrumors newbie

Saves a swipe.

like 'jinkoh' said, it would save a swipe and would look better with bigger previews.

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yeah, not a fan of this mockup. You can already change it so the settings icons are the first swipe left...no need to clutter up the screen with stuff. Auxo how it is (especially when combined with Zephyr), feels how Apple SHOULD have done multitasking from the beginning. Yours does not feel that way...looks overstuffed and clunky.

11. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

I think Auxo has it's issues with laggyness still.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Exactly what tyler said. It already does this, just doesn't have a live look in.

13. apachemanz thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know much about photoshop and stuff, I wanted those previews to be directly superimposed on the translucent blue background, I think then it would look a bit eye pleasing.

14. Krauser macrumors regular

I'd like to see it more stable and smooth with an update before I get functionality. It's rather laggy when scrolling through multiple running apps.

Auxo has been the main reason my 4S has been crashing, often crashing when I double tap the home button to bring up the multitasker. Anyone else having this issue?

15. apachemanz thread starter macrumors newbie

Auxo for iOS 7 ?

When will something like this materialize. In iOS7 probably?

16. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I kind of like the idea of having the app switcher and toggles on page 1.

17. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Auxo is nice, but the dev didn't really think "out of the box".

What i mean is, instead of the same scrolling apps list at the bottom, why not give us a grid/list view which fits more apps on the entire screen for even faster and easier switching? May be not the entire screen, but the bottom 3/4 instead of the current 1/4? Keep the top area for an easy swipe down to dismiss.

Still, i use it because it is so much nicer and easier to use than the dreaded "double tap then tap and hold" 2007 era method Apple keeps in stock UI.