iPod touch AV Cable for iPod Touch

elliwhi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2011
UK
Now how do you post a topic.....? AH HERE WE GO.

Hiya guys!

I was wondering if someone could help me :p

I was looking towards getting (or finding one at home since we probably have one) an AV cable to plug into my iPod and TV so I could watch videos and stuff. :p

I was wondering whether a normal AV cable (plug into headphone jack and at the other end have RED YELLOW GREEN cables). Would that sort of cable work or would I have to waste £35 on an Apple component AV cable in order to watch some Young and The Restless episodes? :p

Thanks a lot :)

~Elliwhi

chrisl123

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
Now how do you post a topic.....? AH HERE WE GO.

Hiya guys!

I was wondering if someone could help me :p

I was looking towards getting (or finding one at home since we probably have one) an AV cable to plug into my iPod and TV so I could watch videos and stuff. :p

I was wondering whether a normal AV cable (plug into headphone jack and at the other end have RED YELLOW GREEN cables). Would that sort of cable work or would I have to waste £35 on an Apple component AV cable in order to watch some Young and The Restless episodes? :p

Thanks a lot :)

~Elliwhi
Unfortunately, I don't think you can. This Apple support page outlines which cables you can use with iPods and iPhones: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454
If the cable you're talking about is like the iPod AV Cable, unfortunately not.:(

Comment