AV support in Microsoft Messenger - "end of the year?"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Karvel, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Karvel macrumors regular

I could be wrong, but didn't the Microsoft Mac BU promise AV support (beta) in Microsoft Messenger by the end of this year - if so, how close to December 31st are they trying to leave it...?

2. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

i was just wondering this, we have four days left! Cutting it pretty close :eek:

3. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Public beta comes in march 2010

"So what’s up with Messenger? One of the most frequent questions we get here on Mojo and in forums is that you – our customers and community- want an update on timing for A/V support in the Messenger personal service, especially since we shared our plan to deliver a beta of personal A/V in 2009. Here’s the update: progress has been slower than expected due to the challenge of connecting to the most current A/V code running on the Windows Live servers. We will not have a beta available in 2009, but we are close: we are in “dogfood”, and we plan to have the beta available to you by next March. We know how anxious you are to use this new version, but I want to ensure we are delivering a top quality experience before we ship, and we will have that in March."

http://www.officeformac.com/blog/

4. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

Is there a source for this?

thanks

5. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

7. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

Internal testing, ie 'we eat our own dog food'. Just means they try they're product themselves first

8. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

"being in the “dogfood” phase means that my team and I use the new Office to get our day-to-day work done. In doing so we help find bugs (just found one- not kidding), and we work as a team to get the suite ready to share with all of you."

http://www.officeformac.com/blog/

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, thanks. Have not heard that one before, but I figured it was some sort of alpha-esque phase.

10. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I think it means that they are using the software full time to check for any bugs, dont know if this is a common term though :p

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

In other words, Vista was in dogfood phase with customers for a couple of years? :p

12. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Vista i think has gone through the dog and come out the other end as dog poop:D