Availability of Matte/Glossy MBPs at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by therapistfinder, Oct 13, 2008.

1. therapistfinder macrumors member

Ok this is a big "if", but assuming that the MBPs have already been distributed to Apple Stores in preparation for October 14th, will they stock both glossy and matte screens? Have the Apple retail stores historically maintained stocks of both types or just the matte? I'm just wondering because if they're both available in stores on Tuesday, I'd rather just physically go to the stores and buy the glossy (don't want to get into a debate about it, just personal preference) than buy it online as a BTO item and wait an extra 3-4 days just for them to add a glossy screen.

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

It all depends on if we have the option of glossy or matte finish.

Regardless, in store stock seems to vary in current models, and I would imagine it would be the same with the new models too. Regardless it is a nebulous question and will likely be answered in 24 hours or less by Steve himself ;) .

[​IMG]

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

come on people, please stop asking all the time the same questions. It looks like everybody went totally crazy. Can't you just wait & see ? you will know in around 24h.

Tex

4. therapistfinder thread starter macrumors member

This is not quite the same question. I'm not asking when they'll become available. I'm just asking that, assuming they are available tomorrow whether the Apple retail stores will have both matte/glossy (again, assuming that they keep both). This is important to me because it may determine when I go back to university, on Tuesday if I have to order online as BTO (or if it's not available immediately) and on Wednesday if I can buy it Tuesday afternoon at a store.

Perhaps this was the wrong question to ask. I should have just asked whether the current MBP is available in both matte/glossy at their retail stores and then draw up my own conclusions regarding the new ones....

5. nickcliborne macrumors regular

meh semantics

6. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

Now you're scaring me. I don't want to be stuck with glossy!