Availability on Refurbished Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cosmo3, Jun 2, 2015.

1. cosmo3 macrumors member

I had my eye on a mid 2014 rMBP in the refurbished store but its been pulled, assuming someone bought it.

Can anyone familiar with the refurbished macs tell me if these macs typically pop up on the refurbished end of apple? I know it might be hard to find one with the specs that Im looking for but any info would be helpful.

side note: I decided to hold off incase there was some update during the apple conference. That probably wasn't a good idea by me.

thanks

2. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

The refurb stock is updated frequently. One thing I've noticed is pricing has been wacky. I've seen similar specced '12-'13 models with the 650m sell for more than the '14! Not sure what's going on.

3. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

Check out www.refurb.me

You can set up notifications for when a certain model(s) appear. Careful because some run out fast - not to cause you to become glued to your email. Models appear all of the time but they usually get grabbed quickly

4. Mcmeowmers macrumors 6502

Yeah. I know what you mean. Sometimes an older model only becomes slightly ($10) cheaper. I believe this is because Apple puts a high value on SSD size regardless of its generation

5. cosmo3 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that suggestion. I just set up two alerts. That will definitely save me some time from constantly refreshing the refurb page.

6. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Careful with the Refurbme alerts. I know of at least 2 instances where the computer the alert was set for was ordered and shipped before the alert arrived. We're not talking hours here, we're talking DAYS if the alert even showed up. It's very likely that if you rely on the alert, the system will be sold out before you get to order it.